Monday 14 February 2011

Day 2 Valentine's day

What a great way to enjoy the day by going back to work. But i did receive a lovely card, some chocolates and a teddy bear (Glenn you spoil me) from my lovely girlfriend. I gave her some roses and got her a card so I was a good boy. First day back and I've already had to lose a day off this week as another manager has gone sick, this has put me on lates every night this week till saturday. Ah well!
With the excitement of going back to work and valentine's day I could not sleep so it was time to watch a film I purchased earlier at the weekend. So I sat down or lay down to watch 30 days of night: Dark Days.
This is the sequel to you guessed it 30 days of Night, a film I quite enjoyed with its portrayal of Vampires as soulless blood suckers hell bent on a feeding frenzy in an isolated Alaskan town during a 30 day period of darkness.
The sequel lacked the budget of the first and you could tell from the lack of the original cast. The vampires in this film were not as brutal as they were in the first but they made up with a good story based on the second graphic novel. Stella has been travelling the U.S making people aware of vampires but she has been ridiculed along the way and the story opens up with a few vampires coming to see her show. The film is well paced and holds no bars with the violence, vampires are dispatched in many blood thirsty ways. Even though the film lacked what the first film had I enjoyed it to the end.(At least the vampires did vampire stuff like killing people, non of that twilight lovey dovey malarkey.) As low budget sequels go this is a good one and worth a watch if you like a horror, if you don't go back to twilight the only horror is the film.

One of my passions, okay my main passion is comics and over the years i have been known to by the odd one now and then. Over the years many have been transferred to the big screen some successfully others ruined. Comics (or Graphic Novels comics for big boys scared to say they are comics) can make good movies and there are a few more coming this year. We have Thor and Captain America (third time lucky) coming to the cinema which are all ahead of next years proposed Avengers film. Comic films are here to stay for the moment we take the rough with the smooth.....make way for Howard The Duck I feel its time for a remake.

3 comments: